srsRAN profile on indoor lab

Seonwoo Lee

Jun 29, 2022, 10:14:44 AM6/29/22
to Powder Users
I'm trying to get srsRAN running on some radios in the Indoor OTA lab. I noticed that there is a srsran-handover profile, but it doesn't seem to be set up to use the indoor lab. I tried to run it on there but it threw an error about requesting resources that don't exist.

What kind of changes to the profile would be necessary to get it working there?

Dustin Maas

Jun 29, 2022, 12:37:14 PM6/29/22
to Powder Users

You can use this profile for srsRAN in the Indoor OTA Lab: https://www.powderwireless.net/show-profile.php?uuid=258c59da-3b4e-11ec-84f8-e4434b2381fc. It is based on srsRAN 19.12.

Handover won’t really work in this space. It would require a way to manipulate transmit gains for the eNBs in real time to simulate a UE moving from one cell to another and srsRAN doesn’t provide a way to do this.

On 29 Jun 2022, at 8:14, Seonwoo Lee wrote:

I'm trying to get srsRAN running on some radios in the Indoor OTA lab. I noticed that there is a srsran-handover profile, but it doesn't seem to be set up to use the indoor lab. I tried to run it on there but it threw an error about requesting resources that don't exist.

What kind of changes to the profile would be necessary to get it working there?

Seonwoo Lee

Jul 1, 2022, 10:10:25 AM7/1/22
to Powder Users
I wasn't concerned about the handover; I just wanted srsRAN as opposed to srsLTE. Specifically, I want to run srsRAN in 5G SA mode, which requires srsRAN 22.04.

Dustin Maas

Jul 1, 2022, 11:04:03 AM7/1/22
to Powder Users

We are currently testing srsRAN 22.04 and will update our profiles to use it in the near future. In the meantime, you can use the linked profile and upgrade to 22.04 if you like.