ota_srslte Tutorial; No access to frequencies

Jilin Zheng

May 31, 2023, 2:23:02 PM5/31/23
to Powder Users
Hi POWDER Staff,

I am new to the platform and wanted to complete the 'Powder Over-the-air operation' tutorial, which uses the ota_srslte profile. The problem is that I don't have access to the frequencies specified in neither the tutorial page nor the profile description (when I try to instantiate the profile). Is there a different profile I can use to complete the tutorial and/or any other workarounds? I do realize there is a notice with something about 3rd-party incumbents on the profile.

Thank you!
Jilin

Kirk Webb

May 31, 2023, 2:35:07 PM5/31/23
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jilin,

The tutorial/intro section of the POWDER manual (along with some other
parts, such as frequency availability) are unfortunately quite out of
date and in need of attention from us. If you can say more about your
goals, we can perhaps steer you to better profiles and information. I
would recommend starting out with the profiles we offer for OTA
operation in the "indoor OTA lab". Here are links to a couple:

https://www.powderwireless.net/p/PowderTeam/oai-indoor-ota
https://www.powderwireless.net/p/PowderProfiles/srslte-otalab

These include instructions in the profile itself for using them.

-Kirk

Jilin Zheng

May 31, 2023, 2:44:21 PM5/31/23
to Powder Users
Hi Kirk!

Thank you for the other profiles! I'll definitely take a look.

My goal is to do experimentation using the CBRS frequencies.

Thank you,
Jilin

Kirk Webb

May 31, 2023, 2:49:25 PM5/31/23
to powder...@googlegroups.com
CBRS and lower CBAND frequencies are available for use in POWDER (3358
- 3600 MHz). You can see spectrum, radio, and compute node
availability by navigating to "Experiments" -> "Resource Availability"
when logged in.