Open Port for external access

Udhaya Kumar Dayalan

Sep 18, 2022, 1:52:54 AM9/18/22
to Powder Users
Hi,

I am try to start a NFS share service so that I can map the source code in the POWDER machine and m local machine. Is it possible in POWDER to expose a port similar like port 22?

Thanks,
Udhay

Mike Hibler

Sep 19, 2022, 9:56:52 AM9/19/22
to 'Udhaya Kumar Dayalan' via Powder Users
We block the (default) NFS port from outside access. The authentication
mechanism, at least for versions prior to V4, is extremely weak and
vulnerable. Even if we allowed it through, the campus firewalls above our
clusters would not.
> --
> powder-users/005db031-4d38-4490-a16a-f122f1a36a19n%40googlegroups.com.

Kirk Webb

Sep 19, 2022, 10:31:23 AM9/19/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
You should use rsync or scp to transfer files from machines on POWDER to your local machine.

-Kirk

Udhaya Kumar Dayalan

Sep 19, 2022, 3:53:41 PM9/19/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Mike and Kirk.

I am trying to reduce my development and debug time, just to give a background on my question.

Appreciate your support.

Thanks,
Udhay

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Powder Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/powder-users/CAHhYwBgVko5AyLT7a2-OV-n%2Bz9GBR_XRO2y2pkCeLrAv9M24Xg%40mail.gmail.com.