question

Xin Yao

May 2, 2022, 6:19:31 PM5/2/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the ota-srslte profile. After I change the uplink frequency (default 3690 -> 2590) to the range I reserved (3580-3600), I still cannot build the connection, and there are two warnings as follows. I am wondering that is there any way to fix this problem?

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Kirk Webb

May 2, 2022, 7:02:03 PM5/2/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hello Xin,

I didn't see the warnings included in your message. Can you (re)send them?

Thanks,
-Kirk

Xin Yao

May 2, 2022, 7:04:07 PM5/2/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kirk,

Sorry, I forget to attach the picture. Here it is.
powder_question.png

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Kirk Webb

May 2, 2022, 7:15:03 PM5/2/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
One definite problem is that the B210 is showing up as a USB2 device
(vs. USB3, like it should). Can I reboot your `ota-nuc1-b210` node to
see if this persists?

On Mon, May 2, 2022 at 5:04 PM Xin Yao <yxyxyx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Kirk,
>
> Sorry, I forget to attach the picture. Here it is.
>

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/powder-users/CAHUWr4Un-uF%3DZUnidioVceUCPFo4zALZcpFVddESP1aS72jCbw%40mail.gmail.com.

Xin Yao

May 2, 2022, 7:15:45 PM5/2/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Yes, thanks.

Kirk Webb <kw...@cs.utah.edu>于2022年5月2日 周一17:15写道:

Kirk Webb

May 2, 2022, 7:26:43 PM5/2/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
A reboot of the NUC did not help, but a power cycle returned the B210
to operating in USB 3 mode. To power cycle a node (NUC, compute, X310
radio, etc.), find the item in the topology view, click on it, and
select "power cycle"

Sometimes the B210 devices erroneously come up in USB 2 mode.

-Kirk
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/powder-users/CAHUWr4VhM9PkOX6wVhFrPRaKncN%3DDm4PhX8djJHAsThUUxa4EQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Xin Yao

May 4, 2022, 3:04:19 PM5/4/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the srslte profile. After I change the frequency range for both UE and eNodeB, the connection cannot be established now. I double-check the config files that I have the correct setting, but it's still no connection and the UE is keep searching cells. Is there any problem here?
Screen Shot 2022-05-04 at 1.00.38 PM.png

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Kirk Webb

May 5, 2022, 1:48:26 PM5/5/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xin,

Aside from a potential misconfiguration, it's also possible that there
is not enough separation between the up and downlink channels,
resulting in self-interference. In about a week we expect a new
spectrum request to go through that will allow POWDER users to
allocate frequencies below 3550 MHz (down to about 3350). This should
allow for much better (wider) separation of up and downlink channels.
In the meantime, you could try reducing the channel bandwidth and
separating the channels more. You could try 10 or 5 MHz (eNB
configuration parameter `n_prb = 50` or `n_prb = 25`, respectively,
with `dl_freq=3595` / `ul_freq=3555`).

-Kirk