Question

Xin Yao

Nov 3, 2022, 7:15:57 PM11/3/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I have some questions about the srslte-otalab profile. Firstly, is there any way the two UEs can communicate with each other except by using the socket method (IP address)? Also, I find that the connection between the eNodeB and UEs will be automatically disconnected if the channel quality is too bad for transmission or no data is coming from UEs for a long time, is there any way to control or modify the limitation for disconnection?

Moreover, I want to modify the srslte-otalab profile and add a computing node for X310 and add some setup commands. I registered the Gitlab using the Xin...@utah.edu email address, but it shows that the account needs proof from the powder team first; I have waited for two weeks for the proof, so I am wondering whether I need to provide some materials to get the proof or I just need to wait for some time.

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Nov 4, 2022, 5:54:14 PM11/4/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Firstly, is there any way the two UEs can communicate with each other except by using the socket method (IP address)?

The UEs must have an IP to communicate.

Also, I find that the connection between the eNodeB and UEs will be automatically disconnected if the channel quality is too bad for transmission or no data is coming from UEs for a long time, is there any way to control or modify the limitation for disconnection?

You can’t readily change the properties of the channel, but you can stop the UEs from disconnecting because of inactivity.. look for rrc_inactivity_timer in the eNB config.

Moreover, I want to modify the srslte-otalab profile and add a computing
node for X310 and add some setup commands. I registered the Gitlab using
the Xin...@utah.edu email address, but it shows that the account needs
proof from the powder team first; I have waited for two weeks for the
proof, so I am wondering whether I need to provide some materials to get
the proof or I just need to wait for some time.

You don’t need to join the Flux Gitlab (assuming that is what you mean) to create your own git-backed profile that uses the the srslte-otalab profile as a starting point. Just clone the profile to your local machine, make your adjustments, then push it up to the Git host of your choosing (Github, e.g., but any public Git server will do). After that, you can create a profile on Powder that points at the repo on said Git host.