Using d710 for srsLTE

praghur

Jun 2, 2024, 1:50:52 PMJun 2
to Powder Users
Hello POWDER community.

I am trying to run my experiment using the srsLTE profile (praghur/srsLTE_PR at d710 (github.com)) in d710 due to unavailability of d430. I changed the description in the profile to change the type to d710. However, when I try to start any of the nodes using d710, I get the error of "Illegal Instruction" as shown in the attached snapshot.

Is there any other change required to run my experiment on d710? That is the most easily available node with POWDER. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Epc Error.png

Mike Hibler

Jun 2, 2024, 2:23:10 PMJun 2
to 'praghur' via Powder Users
I cannot say for certain, but I would guess this is because the d710s are
old enough that they do not support the AVX2 instructions.

I just now freed some d430 nodes that were taken out of service for an
transient failure condition. So there should be some of those available
in a few minutes.
> --
> powder-users/ec3bfd29-b365-45af-8165-1944d18ff1e0n%40googlegroups.com.

Priya Raghuraman

Jun 2, 2024, 3:54:25 PMJun 2
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot. Is there any other node I can use when d430 is not available?

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Powder Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/powder-users/20240602182307.GI76041%40flux.utah.edu.

Mike Hibler

Jun 3, 2024, 9:37:36 AMJun 3
to 'Priya Raghuraman' via Powder Users
"d430" nodes are the most plentiful (160). There are also a few (16) "d740"
nodes that Powder users have access to.