ZMQ transmission channel arguments out of bounds: After upgrading SRS_HASH

praghur

Jun 28, 2024, 4:06:54 PMJun 28
to Powder Users
Hello POWDER community,

I upgraded the SRS_HASH from:
DEFAULT_SRS_HASHES = {
    "srsRAN_4G": "release_23_04_1",
    "srsRAN_Project": "release_23_5",
}

to:
DEFAULT_SRS_HASHES = {
    "srsRAN_4G": "release_23_11",
    "srsRAN_Project": "release_24_04",
}

My gnb.conf which was running previously is now giving the error of ZMQ transmission channel arguments out of bounds. I substituted the rf_driver section in gnb.conf with ru_sdr as shown below.
device_driver: zmq
  device_args: base_srate=11.52e6,type=b200
 srate: 11.52
  tx_gain: 75
  rx_gain: 75

cell_cfg:
  dl_arfcn: 368500
  band: 3
  channel_bandwidth_MHz: 10
  common_scs: 15
  plmn: "99970"
  tac: 1

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks in advance.

Dustin Maas

Jun 28, 2024, 5:32:10 PMJun 28
to 'praghur' via Powder Users

The error message was not very helpful in this case. It showed up because no cell was configured at the gNB due to the AMF refusing the NG connection because the tac in your gnb1.conf file was actually 7. (I’m guessing the tac was accidentally changed to 7 when pasting in the new ru_sdr config info.) In general, always be watching the logs for the relevant core network services. In this case, the AMF log pointed to the issue being a TAC mismatch.

-Dustin