srsran5g-simulated-rf Update Fails

Udhaya Kumar Dayalan

Nov 21, 2022, 2:37:03 PM11/21/22
to Powder Users
Hi All,

When I use the powder profile 'srsran5g-simulated-rf' everything works well. It uses a specific commit for the srsRAN. But when I update the srsRAN to latest, I get parsing configuration error.

Why this specific version of srsRAN is used? And how do I enable SDAP in srsRAN?

Thanks,
Udhay

Dustin Maas

Nov 21, 2022, 3:34:01 PM11/21/22
to 'Udhaya Kumar Dayalan' via Powder Users

Hi Udhay,

You are welcome to use whatever version of srsRAN you like. We tend to pin software versions used in our profiles to the most recent we’ve been able to test, and I haven’t gotten around to testing the latest srsRAN release yet.

I’m guessing that the most recent release includes updates to the formatting of one or more configuration files, in which case, you’ll need to update the corresponding files in /etc/srsran/ to get things to work.

Regarding the srsRAN SDAP implementation, I think you’ll need to wait for an answer to your question on the srsran-users list, or dig into the latest source to get a handle on it. I haven’t looked closely enough at it to comment.

Best,
Dustin

Udhaya Kumar Dayalan

Nov 22, 2022, 7:03:18 PM11/22/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dustin,

Thanks a lot for your quick and detailed response.

Sounds good. I will wait for the response from the srsRAN team.

Thanks,
Udhay

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Powder Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/powder-users/2A1D5AA0-7DD0-458A-AC86-9FF3DC12F02A%40gmail.com.