question

Xin Yao

Jun 20, 2022, 1:44:35 PM6/20/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the srsLTE profile. I try to reload and reboot the X310 and power cycle the radio, but it still cannot find the RF frontend. Is there any way I can try to solve this problem?

Best wishes,
Xin Yao
Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 11.41.44 AM.png

Dustin Maas

Jun 20, 2022, 3:41:12 PM6/20/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

I’ll have a look real quick and get back to you.

-Dustin

Dustin Maas

Jun 20, 2022, 3:52:30 PM6/20/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Re-flashing the firmware and power cycling the radio worked for me. You should be good to go.

Xin Yao

Jun 20, 2022, 4:18:54 PM6/20/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dustin,

It works right now, thanks!

By the way, what is the reason for the warning shown in the following picture?

Best wishes,
Xin Yao
Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 2.11.42 PM.png

Dustin Maas

Jun 20, 2022, 5:58:18 PM6/20/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

This is usually because the MTU of the interface isn’t set high enough, but I checked and that isn’t the case in your experiment so I’m not sure what is happening. Someone with more networking knowledge will have to chime in, but that might not happen until tomorrow given the holiday.

FWIW, if you aren’t seeing lots of underflows and late packets from UHD (represented by U and L) when you are running srsenb, then it shouldn’t be a problem.

-Dustin

ALEX JAMES W ORANGE

Jun 21, 2022, 12:43:00 PM6/21/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Please provide the experiment URL. That will help whoever takes a look find it easier.

Thanks,
Alex

Jun 29, 2022, 4:27:22 PM6/29/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the srslte-otalab profile. I mentioned that the SNR becomes 0.0 sometimes, and this will be fixed when I stop and restart the connection (As in the following graph) in the last office hour meeting with Kirk. Also, this condition always happened in one node and all the other nodes are normal if I run multiple B210s at the same time. I am wondering what may cause this and how can I avoid this problem.
Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 1.39.37 PM.png

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Jun 29, 2022, 4:53:03 PM6/29/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Hi Xin Yao,

Is it always the same node that has the issue? Does it actually affect the throughput of the UE with the issue?

-Dustin

Xin Yao

Jun 29, 2022, 5:22:17 PM6/29/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dustin,

Yes, it always happens on the same node, but I am not sure that it will be the same node for different experiments (At this time, it is nuc1. It was nuc4 last time if I remember correctly). I think it will affect the UE, I found that if the transmission starts under this condition, the UE will become IDLE soon and my code will be stuck after the UE goes to IDLE.

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Jun 29, 2022, 5:28:47 PM6/29/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

OK. Let me have a look. Alright if I poke around a bit now?

Xin Yao

Jun 29, 2022, 5:29:21 PM6/29/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please.

Dustin Maas <dusti...@gmail.com>于2022年6月29日 周三15:28写道:

Dustin Maas

Jun 29, 2022, 6:03:35 PM6/29/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Found the issue…

When you use this profile with multiple UEs you need to change the default UE configs to use different IMSIs and add corresponding records to /etc/srslte/user_db.csv on the EPC node. I’ve done this for your experiment and things are working fine now.

FWIW, the eNB log showed a rejected connection, which is how I figured this out. In the future, when you run into issues, attaching full text logs (not pictures of parts of them) might help us debug faster.

-Dustin

Xin Yao

Jul 7, 2022, 1:44:28 PM7/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the srslte profile. I want to test the channel parameters for different powers (gains), is there any way to test the bit rate ability? I mean is there any way to test the max bit rate I can get under the specific channel gains?
Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Jul 7, 2022, 1:54:56 PM7/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Hi Xin Yao,

iperf3 should be installed on the image used in that profile. Run in server mode at the UE side to test the downlink or at the EPC side to test the uplink (client mode at the opposite side).

-Dustin

Xin Yao

Jul 7, 2022, 2:56:57 PM7/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dustin,

I run the iperf command and I saw that it needs the hostname for the client mode side, the command on the server mode side is 'iperf -s' and 'iperf -c <host>' for client mode side, but 'iperf -c <host>' shows 'missing name for redirect', do I have the correct command for both sides?
Moreover, the SNR becomes 0.0 even if I only connect one UE. And, if I want to change the IMSI for UE to connect multiple UEs at the same time, should I change the k and IMSI, or do I only need to change the IMSI?
image.png
image.png
Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Jul 7, 2022, 4:31:53 PM7/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

I run the iperf command and I saw that it needs the hostname for the client
mode side, the command on the server mode side is 'iperf -s' and 'iperf -c
<host>' for client mode side, but 'iperf -c <host>' shows 'missing name for
redirect', do I have the correct command for both sides?

The commands I run to use iperf3:

# UL
## on the EPC node
iperf3 -s

## on the UE node
iperf3 -c 172.16.0.1

# DL
## on UE node
iperf3 -s

## on EPC node
iperf3 -c {ip of UE on interface that srsue creates (something like 172.16.0.X)}

It defaults to TCP, but you can use UDP if you like.. just look at the documentation for iperf3 to figure out how.

Moreover, the SNR becomes 0.0 even if I only connect one UE. And, if I want
to change the IMSI for UE to connect multiple UEs at the same time, should
I change the k and IMSI, or do I only need to change the IMSI?

Just the IMSI. This should work (I just tested it on your last experiment).

Alright for me to log in and have a look at your current experiment?

-Dustin

Xin Yao

Jul 7, 2022, 4:59:05 PM7/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dustin,
Yes, please. I don't know how to change it, just random change a bit or isw there any format to change the imsi.
Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas <dusti...@gmail.com>于2022年7月7日 周四14:31写道:

Dustin Maas

Jul 7, 2022, 5:50:04 PM7/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

OK. Everything is working as expected. FWIW, your user_db.conf file only had a single entry and both ue.conf files had the same IMSIs. I’m including a screenshot of the relevant settings changes (note that I changed imei for the second UE out of habit; I don’t think this is necessary for what you are doing). I’ve also created backup configuration files on each node with dustin appended to the filenames so you can refer back to them.

In the future, for all issues, please include a link to your running experiment (just grab this from the browser when you are looking at the experiment page). And for issues like these, please attach relevant config and log files for srsepc/srsenb/srsue.

-Dustin

Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 15.34.18.png