Issues with 5G COTS UE connections outdoors

Kirk Webb

Jun 14, 2024, 10:57:45 AMJun 14
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hello POWDER community,

Mobile endpoints and Dense sites have been taken out of the free pool
for debugging for the time being due to a recent issue in the outdoor
wireless environment that is preventing COTS UEs from attaching to
POWDER-provisioned gNBs.

Regards,
Kirk Webb on behalf of the POWDER team

praghur

Jul 11, 2024, 10:10:20 AM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to Powder Users
Hello Kirk.

Do you have an estimation of when the outdoor sites will be back online? Thanks in advance.

Kirk Webb

Jul 11, 2024, 11:43:10 AM (5 days ago) Jul 11
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately not yet. The debugging process has been complex, and we
suspect that there is a new source of (3rd party) interference in a
large swath of previously-clear lower CBAND spectrum we had the
profiles set up to use by default. We are evaluating this more, and
looking at alternatives.

-Kirk

-Kirk