Xin Yao

Jun 27, 2022, 2:44:51 PM6/27/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the srslte_otalab profile. I want to save the channel parameters while connecting. I try the method (sudo srsenb -v |& tee/path/filename) I got from Kirk last week, but it shows that the command cannot be found. Then I go through the enb.conf file from the srsRAN website and I find that there are two options called tracing_enable and tracing_filename that can actually save the file of tracing information, but the system cannot recognize the tracing parameters I write on the config file, I am wondering is there any way to solve this problem?
Moreover, for the trace metric, there is a parameter called bsr (Buffer Status Report), I saw that this parameter is a message sent from client to server to ask the permission for transmission and there is actually the small data showing under bsr. What does this small data stand for? And is there any symbol to show that the server is proof of the permission?

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Kirk Webb

Jun 27, 2022, 5:43:15 PM6/27/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
You need a space character between the `tee` command and the file path
to save the output to, e.g.:
sudo srsenb |& tee /some/path/output.log

See this page for info on srsenb tracing output:
https://docs.srsran.com/en/latest/usermanuals/source/srsenb/source/6_enb_commandref.html

You can probably forgo the `tee` command and enable tracing from the
command line, with file logging, like this:
srsenb --expert.tracing_enable=true
--expert.tracing_filename=/some/path/trace.log

-Kirk

Xin Yao

Jun 27, 2022, 6:13:53 PM6/27/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kirk,

Thanks! I will try the first method again.
Actually, I try second way this morning, I add these two lines in the config file, but it seems that the it is not working when I am running the sudo srsenb after I change the config file. (I didn't see the tracing_enable and tracing_filename options in config files)

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Kirk Webb <kw...@cs.utah.edu>于2022年6月27日 周一15:43写道:

Dustin Maas

Jun 28, 2022, 2:35:11 PM6/28/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Actually, I try second way this morning, I add these two lines in the
config file, but it seems that the it is not working when I am running the
sudo srsenb after I change the config file. (I didn't see the
tracing_enable and tracing_filename options in config files)

srsRAN 19.12 doesn’t have the tracing log option, but you can enable and save eNB metrics to a file with: srsenb —expert.metrics_csv_enable=true —expert.metrics_csv_filename=/some/path/metrics.csv. The eNB log file can also be found at /tmp/enb.log (and you can set log levels for different layers as you see fit).

Moreover, for the trace metric, there is a parameter called bsr (Buffer
Status Report), I saw that this parameter is a message sent from client to
server to ask the permission for transmission and there is actually the
small data showing under bsr. What does this small data stand for?

The UE in LTE/5G requires a grant from the NodeB scheduler in order to transmit. The BSR is a way for the UE to indicate if it has data to transmit and how much for one or more logical channel groups.

And is there any symbol to show that the server is proof of the permission?

Not sure what you mean here, but when the NodeB sees a BSR from a UE, it will try to schedule an UL grant that satisfies that UE’s requirements as well as possible in the context of the competing needs of other UEs.

-Dustin