Error receiving E2SetupResponse in F release of the near real time RIC.

Wen Chen

May 17, 2023, 5:19:01 PM5/17/23
to Powder Users
We have the srslte compiled from the setup-srslte.sh in the Powder platform into our local machine, but we are having trouble receiving an E2SetupResponse from the e2term-alpha pod.

Here are the logs from two different machines:
As you could see, the first machine has two errors: Bad param in E2setupRequestIEs GlobalE2node_ID and an epoll error. As for the second machine, we also have two errors: epoll error and an Error 2 Decoding (unpack) E2AP PDU from RAN.

I was just messaging here to see if anyone has any similar problems and knows the solution.

Thanks!

Wen Chen

May 17, 2023, 5:21:57 PM5/17/23
to Powder Users
Apparently, the second picture is too big, so I'm pasting it again as well as a third picture which I forgot to post. This third picture is the srsenb on the second machine running.

David M. Johnson

May 17, 2023, 5:44:05 PM5/17/23
to powder...@googlegroups.com
On 5/17/23 15:19, Wen Chen wrote:
> We have the srslte compiled from the setup-srslte.sh in the Powder platform
> into our local machine, but we are having trouble receiving an
> E2SetupResponse from the e2term-alpha pod.
>
> Here are the logs from two different machines:
> As you could see, the first machine has two errors: Bad param in
> E2setupRequestIEs GlobalE2node_ID and an epoll error. As for the second
> machine, we also have two errors: epoll error and an Error 2 Decoding
> (unpack) E2AP PDU from RAN.
>
> I was just messaging here to see if anyone has any similar problems and
> knows the solution.

The upstream OSC RIC has a bug handling the `GlobalE2node_ID_PR_eNB` IE
in the E2setupRequest message. You need to use our e2term fork:
https://gitlab.flux.utah.edu/powderrenewpublic/e2 . You can grab our
pre-built images or build from source as shown in this script
(https://gitlab.flux.utah.edu/powder-profiles/oran/-/blob/master/setup-oran.sh)
that is also part of our O-RAN profile.

David

Wen Chen

May 17, 2023, 5:57:22 PM5/17/23
to Powder Users
Alright. Thank you.

Wen Chen

May 18, 2023, 3:33:29 PM5/18/23
to Powder Users
Hello. I have just cloned the e2 repository from the GitLab and sudo docker built it but it is still not receiving the E2SetupResponse. The branch that I'm using is the f-release branch. As for the deployment of the near real-time RIC, the recipe that I'm using for the f-release has different names and tags, therefore I had to make some modifications to the commands.

Here are the commands that I ran:

git clone the e2 repo
cd e2
git checkout f-release
cd RIC-E2-TERMINATION
sudo docker build -f Dockerfile -t localhost:5001/ric-plt-e2:5.5.0 . // Just to note that localhost:5001 is the registry name, ric-plt-e2 is the name, and 5.5.0 is the tag in our recipe file
sudo docker push localhost:5001/ric-plt-e2:5.5.0
then I deployed the near real-time RIC.

Ran srsepc, srsenb, and srsue.

Still not receiving the E2SetupResponse