question

Xin Yao

Jul 28, 2022, 5:55:08 PM7/28/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running a bandwidth test using the srslte profile. But I find that the tracing metric of srsenb is different. Moreover,  the connection cannot be established, and the showing frequency on the ue and enb command window has not been changed even after I adjusted the downlink and uplink frequency (As in the following picture, include the screenshot of the config file). Is there any way to fix this problem? (This is the link to my experiment:https://www.powderwireless.net/status.php?uuid=c9d53e2a-0e9d-11ed-b318-e4434b2381fc)

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Xin Yao

Jul 28, 2022, 5:57:29 PM7/28/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

Sorry for sending this email again. I forgot to mention the pictures I have in the last email.

I am running a bandwidth test using the srslte profile. But I find that the tracing metric of srsenb is different. Moreover,  the connection cannot be established, and the showing frequency on the ue and enb command window has not been changed even after I adjusted the downlink and uplink frequency (As in the following picture, include the screenshot of the config file). Is there any way to fix this problem? (This is the link to my experiment:https://www.powderwireless.net/status.php?uuid=c9d53e2a-0e9d-11ed-b318-e4434b2381fc)

Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 3.47.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 3.48.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 3.52.26 PM.png

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Jul 28, 2022, 7:01:50 PM7/28/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Xin Yao,

I’m pretty sure this is because you are editing the wrong configuration files. (I would be able to tell for sure if you attached the files themselves, rather than screenshots of parts of them ;), so please prefer that method of sharing configurations in the future). This profile was recently updated to use srsRAN 22.04 and the software name change came with a new default location for configuration files (/etc/srsran/). The instructions for the profile were updated to point to this location as well. (Note that you can’t just re-use the old configuration files with v22.04, as the contents have changed a bit too). Please update the correct files and try again.

If you would like to continue to use srsLTE 19.12 for your experiments, I can provide instructions on how to rebuild/install that version, or you can use the “Rerun Recent Experiment” option under the “Experiments” drop down in the web UI to select/rerun your last experiment that used the old version of the profile.

-Dustin

Xin Yao

Jul 30, 2022, 12:55:59 PM7/30/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running the channel parameters test using the srslte-otalab profile, I have a question for the iperf3 command.

As the pictures are, we have two command windows for iperf3 -s and iperf3 -c 172.16.0.1 command; both windows show a testing result for sender and receiver; which is the correct data I should take for the testing bit rate? And what is the meaning of Retr?
Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 4.52.35 PM.png

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Eric Eide

Jul 30, 2022, 1:07:19 PM7/30/22
to POWDER Users
Xin Yao <yxyxyx...@gmail.com> writes:

> As the pictures are, we have two command windows for iperf3 -s and iperf3 -c
> 172.16.0.1 command; [...]
> And what is the meaning of Retr?

I googled "iperf3 retr meaning" for you and the first hit is:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/62589296/iperf3-meaning-of-retr-column-in-tcp-measurement

Happy hacking ---

Eric.

Eric Eide <ee...@cs.utah.edu> . University of Utah School of Computing
https://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 801-585-5512 . Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Xin Yao

Aug 1, 2022, 4:52:02 PM8/1/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using the srslte-otalab profile. I changed the imsi and imei for the ue side and ran the "ping" command to maintain the connection between the client and server. But there is an error in the srsepc window, and my code has been stuck since this error occurred. Is there any way I can solve this?
Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 2.45.58 PM.png
Also, I find the trace metric is different than before, and there is no SNR anymore. So how can I see the channel quality according to the trace metric I have?
Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 2.46.09 PM.png

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Dustin Maas

Aug 1, 2022, 5:37:14 PM8/1/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com

Please provide the relevant (and complete) configuration and log files.. not images of parts of them. You can record the output of each srsRAN process by appending | tee filename.log or you can specify a log file in the configuration files.