Channel Restrictions on X310 and B210 nodes

Chinenye Tassie

May 18, 2022, 5:57:56 PM5/18/22
to Powder Users
Hello,

I have some questions about the Channel A and B (RF Chain) usage for the X310s  (rooftop nodes) and B210s (MEs and FEs)

I know that B210 radios are set up to use Channel A RX2 but can Powder users also receive on Channel B RX2? Likewise for the X310 radios, is there any limit on using channel B Tx/Rx?

Thank you.

Kirk Webb

May 18, 2022, 6:27:21 PM5/18/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chinenye,

All radios that are currently able to transmit (rooftop CBRS X310s,
mobile endpoint B210s, and fixed endpoint B210s on `nuc2` nodes) are
only connected to an antenna on the channel 0 / channel A TX/RX port.
You can try receiving from the channel A RX2 port or the ports on
channel 1 / channel B, but you probably won't see anything much given
the lack of antennas on those ports.

The B210 radios on the fixed endpoint `nuc1` nodes have an antenna
attached only to the channel A RX2 port (these are RX-only as
currently deployed).

-Kirk

Chinenye Tassie

May 19, 2022, 12:09:54 PM5/19/22