Help with Spectrum for Fixed Endpoint experiment

Greyson Mitra

Mar 23, 2022, 12:45:09 PM3/23/22
to Powder Users
Hi POWDER team,

I am trying to run an experiment with some of the FE B210s. I was confused about what spectrum I should use. Should I use the bottom 10 MHz of LTE band 7 or am I able to use the FE B210s with the AWS band as shown in the POWDER manual?

Greyson Mitra

powder ota spectrum use.PNG

Kirk Webb

Mar 23, 2022, 2:56:28 PM3/23/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
The POWDER manual needs updating on available spectrum, but ultimately
you can consult with the spectrum shown in the tables on the "Resource
Availability" page when you are logged in to the POWDER web UI.

Not knowing what your application is, and which sites/devices you are
targeting, makes providing an answer somewhat difficult. However,
CBRS frequencies (3550 - 3700 MHz) are one option. You could
potentially use the 2.4 GHz ISM band if you are trying to communicate
between fixed and/or mobile endpoints. Note that 2.4 GHz ISM isn't
compatible with the rooftop sites at this time. 10 MHz of signal
bandwith could be challenging in the current POWDER outdoor OTA
environment given the lack of medium/high power RF front-ends.

-Kirk