UDP connection in srsLTE

praghur

Jun 4, 2024, 6:59:06 AMJun 4
to Powder Users
Hello POWDER community,

I wish to set up a UDP network between a selected UEs, eNBs, and EPC using my profile - https://github.com/praghur/srsLTE_PR/tree/Addtraffic

I am thinking that we only need to change ue.conf file in the line "device_args = tx_port=udp://10.10.1.4:2001,rx_port=udp://10.10.1.2:2000,id=ue,base_srate=23.04e6"

But I am not sure if that is sufficient. In your opinion, is there any other setting that I might need to change as well?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Dustin Maas

Jun 4, 2024, 10:49:47 AMJun 4
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hi Priya,

In the SRS ZMQ mode, that TCP socket is only there to pass IQ samples, i.e., I don’t think this is where you want to do link shaping (other than potentially simulating different PHY layer parameters). You can pass UDP traffic across this simulated PHY layer using another socket, iperf, etc.

-Dustin