question

Xin Yao

Sep 5, 2022, 7:31:50 PM9/5/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Powder Team,

I am running an experiment using four different B210 devices. I changed the imsi for each of them. But when I try to build the connections between the client B210 and server X310, one of the B210 is not working and has the condition like the following picture.
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 5.23.04 PM.png
So is there any way to solve this problem?

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

Kirk Webb

Sep 6, 2022, 1:47:05 PM9/6/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Xin,

There is not enough context in your screenshot for us to determine the
cause of the problem. As we have told you previously, you need to
capture the full log and send that to us (e.g., using the `tee`
command to capture the output). It could well be that the issue here
is that the radio was connected at USB 2 speed vs. the required USB 3
(as sometimes happens when it is enumerated on the USB bus when the
NUC boots), but we cannot tell from this screenshot. It looks like
`ota-nuc3` was rebooted or power cycled after you sent this message.
It is connected via USB3 at this point. Have you tried again?

-Kirk

On Mon, Sep 5, 2022 at 5:32 PM Xin Yao <yxyxyx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Powder Team,
>
> I am running an experiment using four different B210 devices. I changed the imsi for each of them. But when I try to build the connections between the client B210 and server X310, one of the B210 is not working and has the condition like the following picture.
>
> So is there any way to solve this problem?
> This is the link for my experiment: https://www.powderwireless.net/status.php?uuid=b41acf3b-2d5e-11ed-b318-e4434b2381fc
>
> Best wishes,
> Xin Yao

Xin Yao

Sep 6, 2022, 3:41:54 PM9/6/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Professor Kirk,

I tried again, but it still has some errors. Sorry for not sending the whole log file this time; I will do that in the future.

I have some screen records and screenshots here as follows. The connections are successfully built for the first time, and everything goes well when I run the "ping 172.16.0.1" command on each B210 node. But after I run my code, the connection of nuc2 or nuc3 will be broken and reconnected again (nuc2 this time), but other nuc nodes are normal(as shown in the screenshot below), then my code will be stuck, and the newly assigned rnti (0x56) will not be shown on the trace matrix at ENB.
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.23.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 1.40.41 PM.png
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

screen_record_nuc2.mov

Kirk Webb

Sep 7, 2022, 1:02:52 PM9/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Xin,

[I appreciate the honorific, but I am not a professor.]

This is a different problem than you first reported (please don't send
videos...). Please set up an office hours appointment, and reserve
the OTA resources for that time. We'll work with you to understand
how to properly collect log output and will advise on this issue
(assuming it is still a problem).

-Kirk

On Tue, Sep 6, 2022 at 1:42 PM Xin Yao <yxyxyx...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Professor Kirk,
>
> I tried again, but it still has some errors. Sorry for not sending the whole log file this time; I will do that in the future.
>
> I have some screen records and screenshots here as follows. The connections are successfully built for the first time, and everything goes well when I run the "ping 172.16.0.1" command on each B210 node. But after I run my code, the connection of nuc2 or nuc3 will be broken and reconnected again (nuc2 this time), but other nuc nodes are normal(as shown in the screenshot below), then my code will be stuck, and the newly assigned rnti (0x56) will not be shown on the trace matrix at ENB.
>

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/powder-users/CAHUWr4X2y_-1OugrWnGhm1L0SBMmGZPcukEt6TX4WWXMYBEc5Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Eric Eide

Sep 7, 2022, 1:49:08 PM9/7/22
to POWDER Users
Kirk Webb <kw...@cs.utah.edu> writes:

> Please set up an office hours appointment, and reserve
> the OTA resources for that time. We'll work with you to understand
> how to properly collect log output and will advise on this issue
> (assuming it is still a problem).

A quick follow up: The next batch of office hours will be on Fri Sep 16, and
you can sign up for a slot now at https://calendly.com/powderwireless

Eric Eide <ee...@cs.utah.edu> . University of Utah School of Computing
https://www.cs.utah.edu/~eeide/ . +1 801-585-5512 . Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Xin Yao

Sep 9, 2022, 12:58:46 PM9/9/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kirk,

The errors I mentioned before are still occurring, and I got the log files for EPC, ENB, and the NUC side this time.

Best wishes,
Xin Yao

nuc2.out
epc.out
enb.out

Kirk Webb

Sep 9, 2022, 1:22:46 PM9/9/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hello Xin,

We see what appear to be some streaming errors/issues based on the
attached logs. However, the cause of those errors is unclear (e.g.
CPU bottleneck, or other problem). Our recommendation still stands:
Please set up an office hours appointment and also reserve these
resources to overlap with that time. Have an experiment instantiated
as well. Then we can spend some time debugging with you during the
office hours session.

-Kirk