Upcoming changes/enhancements to POWDER web interface

Kirk Webb

Apr 7, 2022, 12:36:48 PM4/7/22
to powder...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

A couple of (upcoming) changes to the POWDER web UI worth mentioning:

* OTA agreement for over-the-air users and requesting OTA access

If you are using over-the-air resources (OTA lab, and/or outdoor
rooftop, fixed endpoint, and/or mobile endpoint) resources, you will
see an OTA agreement notice that you will need to agree to when you
next go to reserve or instantiate on OTA devices. This will be a ONE
TIME action per user. It will not be required for each and every
experiment. This change will go live Monday April 11th in the morning
(MDT).

Additionally if and when a project wants to start using OTA resources,
either by reserving or instantiating them for the first time, a modal
dialogue will pop up with a link that will send the project leader an
agreement and form to fill out for describing how the project will
make use of OTA resources. The project leader must agree to the terms
sent, and provide the information requested in the form before the
project will be granted OTA privileges.

* Spectrum availability graphs

POWDER has been showing in-use and available spectrum with tables thus
far. We have now added graphs for different ranges (e.g. CBRS, ISM)
that show availability to assist users in visualizing use and planning
reservations.

As always, we are happy to hear your feedback and answer any questions.

Best,
-Kirk