Fwd: Re; Picture

Charlie Crawley

Jul 28, 2010, 6:25:45 AM7/28/10
to pousquetaires
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Charlie Crawley <charlie...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 06:46:42 -0300
Subject: Re: Re; Picture
To: Stephen Sawyer <s-sa...@sbcglobal.net>

Hello Stephen,
not surprised that you cannot recognize it!

It is a very light adaption of the the all aluminum Butterfly Flying Flea.
In this case, I am attempting replacing the Alu with Sky Pup building
techniques...that is wood-capped Styro spars.

For a bit of background on the Butterfly you can check out the following:

http://www.flyingflea.com.ar/home/traditional-fforg-menu-1/butterfly

and:

http://www.flyingflea.com.ar/home/traditional-fforg-menu-1/butterfly/short-story

The photo shows the ladder type fuselage and I guess that a picture is
worth a thousand words, so, if you click on the "...aún más liviano (
even lighter) " image, towards the bottom of:

http://pupflea.sitios-apaux.com.ar/home-menu/divague

you will open a PDF file with a 3-view of the project.

Should you be interested in finding out more, do not hesitate in writing again.

Cheers,
Charlie

On 7/28/10, Stephen Sawyer <s-sa...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
> What part of a plane is that? I cannot recognize what
> it is.
>
> I have a Goldwing who's spars are co-centric aluminum tube spar caps
>
> with wood and foam intercoastals wrapped with fiberglass. They are
>
> strong and flexible. Is the structure of wood the fuselage longerons and
> cockpit
>
> section ? ( What you posted on the Skypuppery group ) Stephen , Calif.

13LePoupupillion1.pdf