Is this group alive? And is your CNC?

Olivia Anders

Nov 11, 2022, 6:32:59 AM11/11/22
to Potteries Hackspace
Hi all!
I see the last post was in July so I'm curious if this group is still active? I've just moved to Stafford and this seems to be the nearest Hackspace to me.

Anyways, I'd love to join and meet you all. On top of that, I need some plywood CNC'd, largest dimension is just under half meter. Would that be possible? I've never used CNC before so i've got my fingers crossed that someone can help me.

Thanks!
Ollie

James Wade

Nov 11, 2022, 8:00:43 AM11/11/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ollie,

Unfortunately after a long time off during covid, we were then faced with the building we were in being sold.

We didn’t have a big enough CNC unfortunately anyway, though if we could get another space I’m sure it’d be something we’d consider.

It’s a bit of a trek but maybe Derby makerspace could help?

Or, one of the group may have access to a CNC machine so fingers crossed.

Sorry we couldn't be of more help right now.

Good luck!

Will Smith

Nov 11, 2022, 4:03:44 PM11/11/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I'm part of the group and I have a CNC, unfortunately 2 years in and it's still not up and running. Currently re-building my 3D printer. I can't help right now but I may be able to in the near distant future.

Hope you get sorted.

Will

Nov 11, 2022, 4:29:53 PM11/11/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got a CNC with a bed that's around 1.2m by 1m, if you still need help let me know.

Genesis