Fwd: (no subject)

jps...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2020, 1:00:46 PM6/4/20
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: The Restart Project <comm...@therestartproject.org>
Date: 4 June 2020 at 17:05:01 BST
To: jps...@gmail.com
Subject: (no subject)

Here's the latest edition of The Restart Project's newsletter, full of upcoming community repair events and news

The Restart Project
For months, we've been following and supporting independent repairer Henrik Huseby in his long-fought legal defense against Apple, one of the richest companies in the world.

But in a significant setback for the Right to Repair and huge blow to Henrik, Norway's Supreme Court yesterday ruled in favour of the tech giant. As the European Right to Repair movement concludes, Apple was able to weaponise copyright law to shut down independent repair: bad news for consumers, repair businesses and the environment.

> Read the full analysis and take action at the European Right to Repair campaign

In better news, our online gathering for the UK repair community starts at 8pm (BST) today! We're kicking things off with a keynote from Josh Babarinde, CEO of "Cracked It" - an inspiring mobile repair social enterprise staffed by young ex-offenders and youth at risk. This will be followed by a session on Right to Repair in the UK.

To grab your free ticket and learn about the nine other amazing sessions coming up over the next month, just hit the button below:

Stay safe and keep repairing,

James and the whole Restart Project team

Upcoming Events

In light of coronavirus, all in-person events this month have been cancelled, postponed or moved online. Here is a selection of upcoming online events:

Marlow Repair Café
06 Jun
10am - 12pm BST
[convert to your local time]

Join Marlow Repair Café online to learn how to fix your  broken stuff, from electronics to furniture, or from jewellery to bikes. This session will be in English. Learn more and join here.

Virtual Repair Q&A
13 Jun
7pm - 8:30pm BST
[convert to your local time]

Need help with a repair? Join Repair Café Malmö (SE) and the Fixit Clinic team (US) for a virtual repair event to get repair advice in English or Swedish. Learn more and register here.

Fixfest UK 2020
Online
04 June - 09 July

Our biennial gathering for the UK repair community starts online today. We've lined up 10 fantastic sessions over the next month and anyone actively involved in community repair in the UK is welcome to join us. Learn more and get your ticket here.

See all upcoming online events

Can’t make it to an online event?

Ask the community for repair help by tagging @restartproject on Twitter or Instagram. Repairers from across the network will be on hand to offer advice and support to help you.

Your impact so far

22,113 kg
Waste prevented
(+108 kg since last month)
334,502 kg
CO2 emissions prevented
(+725 kg since last month)
– TOTAL GLOBAL STATS AS OF 1 JUN 2020 –
Note: these increases are a result of data being uploaded from past events.

Want to boost the network's impact?
Find your local group

© 2020 The Restart Project
This newsletter is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Choose which emails you receiveorUnsubscribe from all our emails

The Restart Project, 3Space (International House), 6 Canterbury Crescent, Brixton, London, SW9 7QD