Fwd: Monthend

dpdovey

Jul 6, 2022, 9:15:41 AM7/6/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <fiftybro...@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2022, 14:07
Subject: Re: Monthend
To: dpdovey <dpd...@gmail.com>

Hi Paul,

Yes unfortunately we all need to be out. We haven't heard back from Sandyford properties but did hear from the buyer who says it's his intention to convert the building into flats. He was interested in renting the whole building in the meantime but we have already started to lose the majority of tenants now, so we have said we will be out by the end of the month. We did ask if he would consider renting individually to anyone that wants to stay on temporarily but unfortunately he does not seem interested in doing that.

Dave

On 6 Jul 2022 13:55, dpdovey <dpd...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dave we emailed the agents but have heard nothing can you confirm for us have we got to be out by month end July.
Cheers Paul

Hackspace

James Wade

Jul 6, 2022, 10:30:19 AM7/6/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
That's frustrating.

I have had an idea though.

This garage has come up for sale across the Mere from me...

I've considered buying it myself, but I don't really have the need.

I wondered if PHS could buy it and hold it as an asset, use it for storage, while we find somewhere else.

Might be a good idea, given inflation and the cash will be worth less over time.

I'm sure there's other options available, this was just one that came up near me.

Would love to hear people's thoughts!

Cheers.

Sarah Davis

Jul 6, 2022, 1:28:11 PM7/6/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I might know of somewhere we can move to.  It's near the farm foods on leek Road

dpdovey

Jul 7, 2022, 5:57:48 AM7/7/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sarah any  more info on this place or link to read about it ?

Sarah Davis

Jul 7, 2022, 5:06:47 PM7/7/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
I'll ask about it Friday and see if I can pass any details on.

Sarah

stoketrack

Jul 9, 2022, 5:06:59 AM7/9/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul
              I was wondering Paul will you be taking the old oscilloscopes with you when your sorting out the hackspace stuff that your taking out today. I presume you'll just leave stuff behind what you dont need...I was wondering if you could save one for me..and an office table and a chair if they arnt needed that is...I got my mum staying over this weekend, I csnt leave her alone or I'd have come down today while your there.
               Cheers
                        Steve

Steven Maddox

Jul 10, 2022, 4:37:26 AM7/10/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com

Lo,

If someone is over there sorting stuff out... if you happen to come across this red/black router... see photo... https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLAuGbyWoAEguSk?format=jpg

It was a freebie from IC about 6 years ago and probably hasn't been used since the move to Hanley.

Would be really handy for a personal project if it is going spare... but only if it no one has any PHS-related use for it.

Steven Maddox
Lantizia

James Wade

Jul 10, 2022, 6:27:34 AM7/10/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven,

I’ve not seen it since Newcastle. I seem to think that you (or someone from IC) took it back, I just don’t recall the details now. So I’m a bit surprised you don’t have it already. Annoyed I didn’t make a note now.

I’ll keep an eye out for it though just in case but we would have had no need for it in Hanley as there’s no signal there.

Cheers.

Steven Maddox

Jul 10, 2022, 6:54:39 AM7/10/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com, James Wade
Don't worry about it!

It was a very long shot and it wasn't IC property (and certainly not my property) the moment it was given to PHS anyway (only the radio itself on the building stays IC property... although it's dubious when/if they ever reclaim them).

Hard to find that model now (especially since the chip shortage) and the little screen for traffic graphs is handy for a little project I had in mind.

Thanks anyway

dpdovey

Jul 27, 2022, 4:22:40 AM7/27/22
to potteries...@googlegroups.com, James Wade (Google Drive), Jibreel Arshad
Jul 27, 2022, 4:37:19 AM7/27/22
to dpdovey, potteries...@googlegroups.com, Jibreel Arshad
We just need the vice out of the basement, which I'll get tonight.