Error building potion: bp cannot be used in asm here

mattvonb

Jan 27, 2010, 6:01:46 PM1/27/10
to potion
Here's what I did: (on Ubuntu 9.04, 32-bit)

git clone git://github.com/fogus/potion.git potion
cd potion
make

And I received the following output:

MAKE core/config.h
CC core/potion.c
CC core/asm.c
CC core/ast.c
CC core/callcc.c +frame-pointer
core/callcc.c: In function ‘potion_continuation_yield’:
core/callcc.c:87: error: bp cannot be used in asm here
make: *** [core/callcc.o] Error 1

Anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Fogus

Feb 2, 2010, 8:17:40 AM2/2/10
to potion
Hi,

Could you try to modify the Makefile by changing the entry under core/
callcc.o from "-fno-omit-frame-pointer" to "-fomit-frame-pointer". If
that works it will likely get you a useable build without source-level
debugging.

Let me know if that works for you.
-m

Fogus

Feb 2, 2010, 8:33:02 AM2/2/10
to potion
I tried the temporary fix above on my virtual Ubuntu and it seemed to
work. A few of the tests fail, but I was able to generate the potion
binary. I will work on getting a real fix committed.

Thanks
-m

Steve Jenson

Feb 2, 2010, 12:51:00 PM2/2/10
to potion

Just an FYI: I wasn't able to reproduce the original problem report on
32-bit debian with gcc 4.1.12.

Steve

mattvonb

Feb 2, 2010, 2:18:04 PM2/2/10