SoapySDRUtil --find and UHD USRP B210

Jon

Aug 24, 2020, 11:34:21 AM8/24/20
to Pothos Users
Hi,

I have a USB 3 USRP B210 on Windows 10. When I run:

SoapySDRUtil --find="driver=uhd,type=b200"

The device is always found:

[INFO] [UHD] Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 14.0; Boost_106700; UHD_3.15.0.0-0-gaea0e2de
Found device 0
  driver = uhd
  label = B210 31D4A38
  name = MyB210
  product = B210
  serial = 31D4A38
  type = b200

However, when I run just:

SoapySDRUtil --find

Without the driver name, the device is found in perhaps only 1 out of 10 invocations.

Any idea why this might be? It also means it is usually missing from s/w that uses SoapySDR to find devices.

Thanks,
Jon

Josh Blum

Aug 28, 2020, 10:26:19 PM8/28/20
to pothos...@googlegroups.com

When you dont specify the driver, a std::future is spawned to discover devices for each future.

More than one of the devices could be using libusb (like uhd is). Its possible one of them is misusing it.

Can you try removing modules in c/programfiles/PothosSDR/lib/SoapySDR/modules0.7/ and see if removing any of them fix it.

I am a little suspicious about https://github.com/pothosware/SoapyPlutoSDR/issues/24

-josh

Thanks,
Jon

Jon

Sep 1, 2020, 9:20:47 AM9/1/20
to Pothos Users
Hi Josh,

Yep - removing PlutoSDRSupport.dll out of the directory seems to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Jon