Dry run option

Preston Marshall

Nov 8, 2011, 4:51:49 PM11/8/11
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
It would be very nice to have a "dry run" option for the API.  This would do everything that Postmark does currently except send the email.  This way, we could setup our staging/testing environments to use postmark, but not actually send the emails.  We could still look in the web app and see where the emails WOULD have been sent.  Basically, an implementation of MockSMTP is what I am looking for, but through postmark.

Alex Hillman

Nov 8, 2011, 6:40:39 PM11/8/11
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
Preston,

That feature is available:

By putting "POSTMARK_API_TEST" as your API key, you can "send" and get proper response codes. The only thing missing is the ability to see the actual email that WOULD have been sent, as you've suggested.

-Alex