Best way to strip out quotes and signatures with inbound processing via PHP

CloudPress

Oct 17, 2012, 11:53:43 AM10/17/12
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
We are working on an inbound processing script which is being written in PHP. The biggest question we have is how can we strip out quotes, that is content of previous emails this is in reply to as well as any email signatures.

Joffrey Jaffeux

Oct 17, 2012, 12:37:58 PM10/17/12
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
There some solution based on regex, as you have to adapt to all email clients...

And I know postmark team is working on something like that integrated in the API : "@joffreyjaffeux This feature is not available right now but we definitely have it planned on our roadmap. -dc"

Have Fun

On 17 October 2012 17:53, CloudPress <cloudpre...@gmail.com> wrote:
We are working on an inbound processing script which is being written in PHP. The biggest question we have is how can we strip out quotes, that is content of previous emails this is in reply to as well as any email signatures.

Joffrey JAFFEUX
06 19 99 76 60

Milan Gornik

Oct 22, 2012, 10:00:00 AM10/22/12
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com

Hi guys,

Joffrey already replied and did that in a excellent way. I am just confirming what he said - we have reply parsing feature planned in our roadmap. It is not in the immediate iterations so I don't have the ETA yet.

Provided link and proposed solutions are alright. We are still wondering what is the best concept for this feature - so any ideas are welcome! Like that post lists, top-posting replies are basic solution (possible widest spread technique) and having original and reply messages interlap is the complex one. In any case, what might be important - we will introduce new feature without breaking existing API, so when we introduce it, full message text will still be available.

Regards,
Milan Gornik
Software developer, Wildbit