Inbound Wbehook Service C# sample

Dmitry Savin

Mar 1, 2013, 1:01:38 PM3/1/13
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Does anyone have a good sample of C# the ReST Web Service that would work as inbound webhook for Postmark service? Unfortunately no detailed documentation exists so far on this matter, maybe because the Inbound Webhook is relatively new feature.
The primary point of interest is the correct service configuration settings, method signature and attributes, etc.

Thanks,
Dmitriy

JP Toto

Mar 1, 2013, 1:11:04 PM3/1/13
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dimitry!

I've been behind on getting a post up about that or updating the docs.

I put an example on Github https://github.com/jptoto/postmark-inbound-demo which you can take a look at. This uses the MS WebAPI but it was before production. It's moved into ASP.NET MVC stack now but it's practically the same code.

That should get you started.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions!

- JP

Dmitry Savin

Mar 1, 2013, 3:39:39 PM3/1/13
to postmark-ap...@googlegroups.com
Hi JP,

Thank you for speedy response, the provided link was very helpful, it did put us on right track.

I have another question regarding the configuration of inbound webhook. Currently the URL we set in Postmark server configuration gives HTTP 401 error during the test. At the same time we are able to access the server page (methos, description, etc.) via the same URL in browser. We can also contact sercice from our test application sending sample serialized JSON to it.
Our service uses basic HTTP authentification over HTTPS; the URL contains authentication credentials in format https://username:pass...@ourdomain.com/servicepath/
Is there anything special about configuring inbound webhook URL at Postmark server?

Thanks,
Dmitriy

JP Toto

Mar 1, 2013, 3:45:20 PM3/1/13