Re: API v2: no author info in posts

Message has been deleted

Christopher Burnett

Jan 10, 2011, 5:17:19 PM1/10/11
to poster...@googlegroups.com
User info has been added to the return value for posts and will be deployed today.

--
Christopher Burnett

On Monday, January 10, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Age Mooij wrote:

Hi

I'm calling the API v2 posts method and I would expect each post to have an author field. Unfortunately, this is not the case, forcing me back to the v1 API since I really need to know who wrote the post. Is this information missing for some explicit reason or is this a bug ?

If author info is coming in API v2, could you please include some basic author info like id, email address, avatar image url, etc. ?

As a last point, is there a reason why Posterous does not retain any author information for posts that were emailed by valid contributors who do not have their own Posterous account ? Those posts are showing up on the site, the rss feed, and the v1 API as authorless, even though at least their email address should be known.

Regards,
Age

Message has been deleted