Posterous Implements Twitter OAuth Echo for API

vincent chu

Jun 3, 2010, 5:58:09 PM6/3/10
to Posterous development
Hi developers --

You have all indicated interest in using Twitter Oauth Echo for
uploading images through our API. Just wanted to let you guys know
that I just wrote the API feature and have released it into beta mode.
Here is a preliminary set of docs for this feature:

http://blog.posterous.com/private/JsvvvxnCui

It's designed to be a drop-in replacement for twitpic -- all you
should do is replace http://api.twitpic.com/2/ with http://posterous.com/api2/.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know personally!

Cheers, and thanks for developing with Posterous -- we really
appreciate the support our development community has given us.

Vince

Greg Tracy

Jun 4, 2010, 12:44:07 PM6/4/10
to Posterous development

Great news!

Are there plans to support OAuth on the other authenticated calls as
well - like getsites?

Greg

On Jun 3, 4:58 pm, vincent chu <vincent...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi developers --
>
> You have all indicated interest in using Twitter Oauth Echo for
> uploading images through our API. Just wanted to let you guys know
> that I just wrote the API feature and have released it into beta mode.
> Here is a preliminary set of docs for this feature:
>
> http://blog.posterous.com/private/JsvvvxnCui
>
> It's designed to be a drop-in replacement for twitpic -- all you
> should do is replacehttp://api.twitpic.com/2/withhttp://posterous.com/api2/.

antimatter 15

Feb 7, 2011, 11:52:02 PM2/7/11
to poster...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm trying to use the OAuth Echo API for Posterous, but I keep getting {"error":"Missing parameter in OAuth X-Verify-Credentials-Authorization"}

The same code (with a different request URL) works for TwitPic and TwitGoo, but I can't find anything wrong.

  1. X-Auth-Service-Provider:
  2. X-Verify-Credentials-Authorization:
    OAuth realm="http%3A%2F%2Fapi.twitter.com%2F",oauth_consumer_key="asdfasdfadsfasdf",oauth_signature_method="HMAC-SHA1",oauth_token="15407883-asdfasdfasdfasdfasdf",oauth_timestamp="1297140562",oauth_nonce="pw2cey",oauth_signature="asdfasdfasdfasdf%2F4P2fmI%3D"