API v2: correlating media list items with post body embeds

David Grant

Oct 28, 2010, 6:51:25 PM10/28/10
to Posterous development
Is there a method of correlating media items with the [[posterous-
content:ABCD]] placeholders returned by the Posts handler in the v2
API? The listing of media items seems to be in arbitrary order. Seems
like the :ABCD embed key should be among the available properties in
the media list.

snippet:
http://gist.github.com/652496

Thanks :)

Stefano

Oct 29, 2010, 7:56:28 AM10/29/10
to poster...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for asking,
i still had this on a post it saying, post questions to group.

The ABC hash (xaBboiu6rO5ZocBFlAT3 in the gist)
what i guess is that hash could be matched against a property in the :media array but i cant find that either.

Hope a status on this can also be added to the API docs
Gr,
Stefano

twoism

Nov 1, 2010, 4:48:42 PM11/1/10
to Posterous development
I have updated the response from the API to use `body_html`. This is a
fully parsed version of the body with all the media HTML included.

The docs have been updated as well.

http://apidocs.posterous.com/pages/posts

--chris