New website!!

Jenn

Aug 31, 2009, 12:54:01 AM8/31/09
to postcardx
Hi everyone,

I was a hyperactive user on postcardx for two years before it went
under.
You may remember me as Jenn Erwin.

Anyway,
I created a new simple forum based website in the hopes of trying to
bring back some of the postcardx community.

You can see it here.
http://sendthingsto.us

Feel free to read the sticky on the forum, join in, start a thread and
find someone to send mail too!
You also can set your profile up to add pictures or your flickr photo
stream!

Best,
Jenn Erwin
(JennRach)

Janna Mauldin Heiner

Aug 31, 2009, 11:23:07 AM8/31/09
to post...@googlegroups.com
Jenn, you might also try www.sendsomething.net, which was started for the
same reason you started sendthingsto...It's been going for a while and has
an interface almost identical to postcardx, only without the complete
openness that bothered some people.

Janna

jmauldi...@verizon.net
"We are the lantern bearers- it is our job to take some light forward into
the darkness."
(from _The Lantern Bearers_ by Rosemary Sutcliff )

Vianna M

Sep 1, 2009, 10:34:41 AM9/1/09
to post...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jenn Erwin - greetings from an "old" Px member and current SS.net member

     For me it's always good to see that people continue to desire exchanges through snailmail, be those exchanges of material things or of thoughts. So your effort in setting up another such website is appreciated. I will add, however, that it would be beneficial if you would explain in more detail (on the home page) how:
(1) setting up an account is done, and
(2) how searches are performed on the various fields (i.e. can we search by address, moniker, items desired etc).
Navigating the website did not seem intuitive to me. Nevertheless, I am sure that your venture CAN thrive alongside the other existing similar websites, if more information were provided on its various features, better yet, if they were tweaked for easier accessibility - just an opinion.
I wish you luck and I look forward to completing my own profile soon.
Best wishes,
Vianna

postal traffic

Sep 1, 2009, 10:56:39 AM9/1/09
to postcardx
I should mention that not too long ago I made a site called
www.postaltraffic.com... There has been a ton of participants and I'm
always looking to improve the site! It is very simple and the search
feature works like a charm.

I'm looking to keep the site innovative and user friendly to all so if
you have any suggestions, let me know... And if you have already
signed up, let others know what you think!

Sinoun
www.postaltraffic.com

mjpan...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2016, 10:25:35 PM8/22/16
to postcardx
Hello, Jenn!  I know it is a long shot, but wondering if you, or anyone, still participates in postcard X type fun.  I was going thru my old box of letters and cards and now want to get started again.  Hopefully, you will see this, but I am sending off a few letters to people anyway.  Hoping for the best.

Warm wishes, Michael, Marble Lion, Momentai

marbret

Aug 23, 2016, 12:11:31 PM8/23/16
to postcardx
It was a great surprise read the message asking if Jenn or someone more would like to start again the postacard X !!

I love the idea, but I don´t feel me organized enough to control it, only to take part. It means if someone start the ex-changing postcards again, I´ll be in !! ;o)

Marbret - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Mj P

Aug 23, 2016, 12:19:48 PM8/23/16
to postcardx
Hi, Marbet!  Nice to hear from you.  I just joined www.sendsomething.net.  If you're interested, join, too.  My screen name is Marble Lion. I joined last night, so have not sent any cards out yet, but will soon!  I was on the site a long time ago, and remember it being just as fun as postcardX.