(new?) problem discovered in Postcardx

1 view

Vianna

May 10, 2008, 8:09:56 AM5/10/08
to postcardx
In December 07 I added once again my profile, after the last troll
assault. Today I noticed that words have been inserted into the body
of my description by someone else; worse yet, after editing and
clicking 'save' I noticed that the changes are not saved. This is not
good.
Now this being said, I know no one cares about what happens in Px as
we've all moved to SendSomething, but now we're left with a different
type of vandalism: we can't alter or even delete our own profiles
while SOMEONE ELSE CAN.
You may want to check your own profile, see what's there that you did
not put there yourself and most importantly, see if you encounter the
same issue I have with saving/updating.
This is just too bad ...
Vianna

Sean Duffy

May 10, 2008, 12:02:30 PM5/10/08
to post...@googlegroups.com
I never put my profile back up from the last time it was deleted, so I hope I needn't worry...

:-)

-Sean

PostMuse

May 10, 2008, 10:04:44 PM5/10/08
to postcardx
Vianna... your profile looks not unusual. Perhaps after editing you
need to use the refresh button on your browser? I know I have to in
FireFox.

Vianna

May 11, 2008, 3:58:51 PM5/11/08
to postcardx
Thanks, Post Muse - THAT was indeed the problem. I use FireFox ... and
I didnt think to refresh. Such a Dumkopf I am at times!

... also, thank you for the lovely postcard - I hope you had a great
vacation. The Smokies are great, any time of year. I used to go often
when I lived in Philadelphia.

All my best to you,

Vianna