px search - Jack hasn't replied

MissM

Jun 20, 2008, 10:36:06 PM6/20/08
to postcardx
Just wanted to let everyone know that I did send Jack an email several
days ago about the search not working on px. Previously, I've heard
back from him pretty quickly, but sadly this time, I've yet to hear
from him. If I do hear anything, I'll post.

Meanwhile of course, everyone's welcome to post here if they wish and
of course, pursue other options like the sister site,
sendsomething.net

Wish I had better news to report.

Vianna

Jun 21, 2008, 8:59:26 AM6/21/08
to postcardx
Thanks, MissM for letting us know.
Seems to me that Jack wanted to distance himself from this project
when the last vandalism occurred.
As I recall he "said"something then about not wanting to upgrade the
program with safety features
and letting it follow whatever the natural course might be. On the
other hand, there can always be other reasons why
he hasnt yet emailed you. As you say, we can continue communicating,
when necessary, by posting here, and most of us have already migrated
to SendSomething by now--which is BY FAR a much better arrangement
than Px ever was.
Thanks again,
Vianna

Strange Anachronism

Jun 25, 2008, 12:28:19 PM6/25/08
to postcardx
Maybe Jack should fashion his site more like sendsomething.net (which
I just joined, thanks SO much MissM for telling me about this!) I
think it's important for users to have a log-in like the SendSomething
site, it makes it easier to use that way and that way ppl can't hack
and delete you.

Anyway... I guess I will just start using SendSomething since clearly
Postcardx isn't working right.

Charity

Jun 29, 2008, 4:15:07 PM6/29/08
to postcardx
I twould appear that the "add yourself" and editing links don't work
either...