Obituary

Brad

Sep 20, 2008, 12:12:16 PM9/20/08
to postcardx
POSTCARDX IS DEAD!

I thought there would be a posting about the demise of Postcardx
here. It has appeared terminal for some time, but now there is no
site returned when trying to go there.

Like many others, I have joined sendsomething.net, but I cannot logon
now. I wish people would always place their return address on their
mailings. There are several from sendsomething that I cannot reply to
because of the logon anomaly I have experienced.

I had a special rubber stamp made for Postcardx by W.C. "Bill" Porter
to my design specifications, but that is the least of my chagrin over
PX's last iteration gasping its last breath. My fun activities have
been severely curtailed this year due to employment with a new company
in its first year (worked 6 weeks without a single day off at one
point!), but until then I enjoyed more mail via PX than any other site
like it.

When I get with my SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), I will work out a
plan to create a site that will function like PX, but with safeguarded
profiles. It will have blog characteristics for topical postings in
addition to the profiles. This may take some time, but it would be
worth it. I've spent many, many long hours documenting the profiles
on PX and found that it has/had a charm that the others sites lacked.
So, one day you can go to www.postalglobe.net and find my version of a
replacement for PX. (I also reserved the URL, www.postalglobe.org.)

I don't know the exact day PX stopped being a site, but it was
sometime earlier this month as I go out to glean new profiles on a
semi-regular basis.

Thanks to Jack for all the fun years of PX!

Cheers,

Bradford
P.O. Box 676
Deadwood, SD 57732-0676
— USA —

Mintie

Sep 21, 2008, 6:05:43 AM9/21/08
to postcardx
:(

Well, it was fun while it lasted.
I'm glad I still have my detailed pX sent/receive file some where in
my computer.

On Sep 20, 11:12 pm, Brad <Bradf...@rushmore.com> wrote:
> POSTCARDX IS DEAD!
>
> I thought there would be a posting about the demise of Postcardx
> here.  It has appeared terminal for some time, but now there is no
> site returned when trying to go there.
>
> Like many others, I have joined sendsomething.net, but I cannot logon
> now.  I wish people would always place their return address on their
> mailings.  There are several from sendsomething that I cannot reply to
> because of the logon anomaly I have experienced.
>
> I had a special rubber stamp made for Postcardx by W.C. "Bill" Porter
> to my design specifications, but that is the least of my chagrin over
> PX's last iteration gasping its last breath.  My fun activities have
> been severely curtailed this year due to employment with a new company
> in its first year (worked 6 weeks without a single day off at one
> point!), but until then I enjoyed more mail via PX than any other site
> like it.
>
> When I get with my SMEs (Subject Matter Experts), I will work out a
> plan to create a site that will function like PX, but with safeguarded
> profiles.  It will have blog characteristics for topical postings in
> addition to the profiles.  This may take some time, but it would be
> worth it.  I've spent many, many long hours documenting the profiles
> on PX and found that it has/had a charm that the others sites lacked.
> So, one day you can go towww.postalglobe.netand find my version of a

Vianna M

Sep 21, 2008, 10:46:22 AM9/21/08
to post...@googlegroups.com
Bradford, I dont know why you couldnt log into the new SendSomething website, but it does work just fine this morning. I love the way it's structured and how much better it works tha Px - and I hope you'll grow to love it too. Joao plans to add enhancements to it as time passes and the SendSomething community grows. Of course, there is always room for another interesting website - so by all means, let us know when your websote is up and running.
I wish you luck with your endeavor, and hope to see you "in the mail" sometime.
I'm sending a postcard your way today.
Warm wishes from Florida,
Vianna