Please beware! Potential dangerous pcx hack

PostMuse

May 27, 2008, 7:56:39 PM5/27/08
to postcardx
Someone has found a way to add a profile so that when you click the
link, you go directly to a bizarre website that starts downloading
software immediately.

I found it today when I was checking on my profile. I always type in
"muse" because PostMuse only gets an error message. The first result
pointed to a profile for "walter hudson heaviest" and without care, I
clicked it because it is a new name and I'd not seen it in my previous
searches. BIG mistake. I was at work, and panicked when it started
downloading. That will teach me not to surf during work hours!

Anyway... just beware. Don't go clicking on any profile unless you can
see that the click keeps you on pcx.

ly

May 28, 2008, 3:58:24 AM5/28/08
to postcardx
yes, i saw that, and i actually tried to delete it but couldn't. there
are at least a couple of them out there.

Vianna

May 29, 2008, 11:07:49 AM5/29/08
to postcardx
Thank you for sharing that with us PostMuse (and Ly)
And wouldn't it be n ice if, when others find such bogus profiles like
that of "Walter Hudson", they would share the information with us?
(I know--not many people use Px anymore, but there still are over 900
entires as of today ... so it's obviously not entirely defunct).
Thanks - warm wishes and ocean breezes from Florida,
Vianna

Mintie

May 30, 2008, 4:39:57 AM5/30/08
to postcardx
Normally if you hover your mouse over the name, you'd see the address
of the profile in the tiny box next to your mouse (ok, how do you call
that? :D)

If it's a bogus profile, however, you'll see the url http:something
instead of an address :)

I've just checked (by "muse" keyword search) and I think the bogus
ones are gone.

Take Care,
Mintie