[Postcards from Manila] #304 A Magical Moment

Bobby Wong Jr.

Dec 28, 2014, 11:36:54 PM12/28/14
to AA

A few postcards back, I talked about the wonder that is the Subterranean River in Puerto Princesa. After the cruise and while mulling a composition worthy of the place, I saw this boatman rowing towards the cave's entrance. He will pass the entrance to the underground river, from right to left, I whispered to myself. But there's a constant stream of boats taking tourists in and out of the cave's entrance. Will I be able to isolate him for just one moment, without the other boats in the picture? It's a thought process that we go through all the time when trying to capture the moment, to freeze the composition in our minds. Know that it doesn't always work out. But this time I got lucky. Whew! Enjoy.

(Pixel-peepers: With an overhead sun, the water and boatman will be adequately lit, but the limestone cliffs will be hidden in the shadows. Sometimes it's a trade-off you'll just have to accept.)

Sign-up
 to receive
new postcards weekly by email
Past postcards at www.PostcardsFromManila.com
Say helloBobb...@yahoo.com
But wait, there's more...
For those who've inquired about buying prints of my postcards, you may purchase them directly from master printmaker Arnel Murillo (murill...@yahoo.com), one of the country's foremost fine-art printmakers.  Arnel uses archival inks and museum-grade paper to ensure his prints will not fade. You will not be disappointed. (All my images are provided gratis to help showcase the beauty of our country. But if you feel generous, help me uplift the lives of the Children of Payatas.  No donation is too big or too small. Get in touch with Fr. Aldrin Suan at aldri...@yahoo.com of the Vincentian Missionaries in the Philippines. As always, thanks and enjoy.)

--
Posted By Blogger to Postcards from Manila at 11/10/2014 01:59:00 PM