[Postcards from Manila] #320 The Music of Angels

Bobby Wong Jr.

Sep 22, 2016, 4:51:18 AM9/22/16
to AA PFM Mailing List

We were driving along a deserted mountain road... minding our own business... when the night sky suddenly exploded with the most awesome music of angels. (Pause.) Ok, that wasn't exactly the whole truth.

We were in Lubuagan in Kalinga, somewhere along the winding road between Tabuk in Kalinga and Bontoc in the Mountain Province. We drove out in the dead of the night... just to be at this point on the road at exactly this time... to stalk twilight. When we saw the moisture snuck into the valley below us, and the sparesly-clouded night sky that was clear all the way to the horizon, we knew the ingredients for something awesome was at hand. Enjoy.

(Pixel-peepers: When you come face-to-face with a scene that makes your jaw drop to the ground, there is little time to change lenses or to whip out your filters. Just get your composition and exposure right. A rising sun has naturally warm tones. It'll take care of the colors.)

Sign-up
 to receive
new postcards weekly by email
Past postcards at www.PostcardsFromManila.com
Say helloBobb...@yahoo.com
But wait, there's more...
For those who've inquired about buying prints of my postcards, you may purchase them directly from master printmaker Arnel Murillo (murill...@yahoo.com), one of the country's foremost fine-art printmakers.  Arnel uses archival inks and museum-grade paper to ensure his prints will not fade. You will not be disappointed. (All my images are provided gratis to help showcase the beauty of our country. But if you feel generous, help me uplift the lives of the Children of Payatas.  No donation is too big or too small. Get in touch with Fr. Aldrin Suan at aldri...@yahoo.com of the Vincentian Missionaries in the Philippines. As always, thanks and enjoy.)

--
Posted By Blogger to Postcards from Manila at 9/22/2016 07:22:00 AM