[Postcards from Manila] #329 Colorful Watermelons

Bobby Wong Jr.

Nov 28, 2016, 11:50:54 PM11/28/16
to postcards...@googlegroups.com

While combing the countryside for landscapes, we often run into interesting folks busy making a living. Photographing folks-at-work is of particular interest to us. Aside from the insight of how the rest of the country make ends meet, we feel certain some of these professions may disappear with the constant march of progress.

Along the road in barangay Peñafrancia, just outside the municipality of Viga in Catanduanes, we chanced upon Oliver and his son Reymark. Oliver is a farmer who sought to differentiate himself by growing and peddling watermelon of several colors. We counted four: red, yellow, and two shades of orange, which in the noontime heat, were equally sweet and refreshing. Live long, watermelon farmers! Enjoy.

(Pixel-peepers: We love taking landscapes, but it's the environmental portraits that we can't enough of.)

--
Posted By Blogger to Postcards from Manila at 11/23/2016 07:30:00 AM