[Postcards from Manila] #325 A Gentle Wind

Bobby Wong Jr.

Nov 10, 2016, 7:19:16 PM11/10/16
to AA PFM Mailing List

Earlier this week, we lost someone very dear. He was a simple man, yet strong, pious, and inspiring. He touched many from his pulpit. He loved his family. But most of all he loved life. He will be dearly missed. A gentle wind had come and passed. Where do we go from here?

I took this photograph from atop the town of Pandan on the northern tip of Catanduanes. At that time, standing at its highest point, at the trail head with the sea on the horizon, I simply wanted to find out how far I can see, that is, if I could actually see tomorrow. Well that day has come. What does tomorrow bring?

When we lose someone we love, we never really heal completely. But somehow, some way, we need to get on with our lives without them, with the hope that tomorrow brings a new day. That's how generations before us had managed. And I guess that's how we will too.

Godspeed Dad.

--
Posted By Blogger to Postcards from Manila at 11/11/2016 07:47:00 AM