Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard: PortUp Missing KB2919355 Update Rollup April 2014

Alex Riaviz

Sep 27, 2016, 3:57:53 AM9/27/16
to Portable Update
As reported in the subject: PortUp is missing KB2919355 Update Rollup April 2014 on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard. It's present in the PortUp downloaded cache, but PortUp doesn't install it, installing all next updates and corrupting Windows Updates database. So you'll never be able to install KB2919355 again, even removing all updates and searching updates again with windows update.

Unfortunately without KB2919355 you can't install Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2 that checks for the presence of KB2919355. I had to reinstall the whole server again...
Message has been deleted

Alex Riaviz

Sep 27, 2016, 10:11:44 AM9/27/16
to Portable Update
I found the culprit of the issue. And this could be a suggestion for implementing PortUp to work better.
After reinstalling the whole OS, even in Windows Update it founds only the first 38 updates and then it say there are no available updates and the system is updated. But in the installed updates list I cannot find the KB2919355.

There is a Windows Update https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/download/details.aspx?id=43266 that fix the windows update stack, and after that all windows updates are found.

You could insert this update (it's for Win8.1 too) as a "first of all updates" in PortUp, so it solves the problem of windows update service.