FEATURE REQUEST: Exclude and Toggle Offline for GUI?

K-tech

Nov 29, 2015, 6:24:23 PM11/29/15
to Portable Update
Just started using this tool... so far i like the layout better than another tool I was testing out (wsus?)

I like that this tool is portable!
Is there a way to use the GUI with an exclude list AND toggle the updates for offline mode?  I was looking through the documentation, but I don't see that option for the GUI.. .only something for unattended mode.

Feature request:
1. Can you have an EXCLUDE list that we can populate by KB#
2. Can you have an option to work in offline mode so that the app won't waste anytime searching online for updates?

THANKS!!
-K

Stian Andersen

Dec 22, 2015, 1:07:40 PM12/22/15
to Portable Update
I also wish to exclude hardvare/driver updates

Dennis

Apr 3, 2016, 3:17:59 PM4/3/16
to Portable Update
I third these requests.

Also, a way to retain search results through reboots.  I do a search, it finds the 100-200 updates I need to install on a new build, it installs some of them then needs to reboot.  After the reboot, I need to do a search again (while offline), which takes forever with the current Windows 7 problems.  It'd be nice to be able to go back to the previous list and resume installing.

btw, these are nit-picks, not complaints.  this is an awesome piece of software that has saved me hours if not days rebuilding a batch of computers for my friend and his family.  thank you Harry!
-dennis

Harry Lime

Apr 4, 2016, 4:03:30 AM4/4/16
to Portable Update
Dennis,
decisions, like when to reboot, what update have to be installed, the order itself, are taken (fortunately) by WUA, not by PortUp.

Harry

Harry Lime

Apr 4, 2016, 4:07:16 AM4/4/16
to Portable Update
I'll never understand why people don't read the documentation before post requests!
Thank you for appreciating my app.
Harry

K-tech

Apr 4, 2016, 2:25:56 PM4/4/16
to Portable Update
I think it would help to have a link on your app (if not a helpfile) to your documentation.  once it's downloaded and installed, we work with what we have, and if we're desperate we have to search for the documentation to see if there's a feature that we're looking for.