Portable Update stops at 20% downloading the Offline Scab Cab file

Miguel Alonso

Nov 23, 2016, 5:10:31 PM11/23/16
to Portable Update
Hi,
I am using the last version (2.5.1) on a new Windows 7 install and have tried several times to download the Offline file to start using the program but it just stops every time at 20%. I've tried a few times and also running as Administrator but will get stuck at the same point.
Any way to solve it?
Thanks

eohrnberger

Nov 24, 2016, 10:23:50 AM11/24/16
to Portable Update
Hi.  If you are referring to downloading the MS updated wsusscn2.cab file, yes, I've found that PortUp doesn't seem to download this file well.

I've opted for downloading manually and replacing the wsusscn2.cab file in the Toolbox directory.  The download URL is:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/microsoftupdate/v6/wsusscan/wsusscn2.cab

Miguel Alonso

Nov 24, 2016, 5:12:23 PM11/24/16
to Portable Update