BIG NEWS, EVERYONE! We are set to open tabling for the 2014 Portland Zine Symposium on Saturday, January 18 at 12pm (noon) Pacific time! Read on for more details!
1. Tabling announcement
2. AmaZine Night - Zines After Dark
3. Poster artist
4. Friday skillshare event
5. The Return of Zine Prom
6. Upcoming Zine Events
1. So tabling will be opening THIS SATURDAY, January 18 at noon
Pacific time. The link to register will be posted on our website
and our social media outlets (Tumblr
, and Facebook
), so get connected with us to make sure you get reminded when the registration goes live. We sell out every year, so get your registrations in early!
This year's event will be held July 12-13 at the Ambridge Event Center on 1333 NE MLK Jr. Boulevard. But before you finalize your travel plans, take note—this year we're holding an all-day skillshare on Friday July 11 at the Independent Publishing Resource Center as well! See item 4 for more details.
2. We are super excited about our upcoming event - AmaZine Night - Zines After Dark
, happening Feb. 8 from 6-10pm
at the Independent Publishing Resource Center (1001 SE Division). We are planning a super sexy, adult-themed AmaZine event featuring intimate readings from local zinesters, music by IBQT, sensual raffle prizes to make your Valentine's Day even more exciting, tables from sex-posi organizations like Bitch Media, and fun finger food and drinks (both alcoholic and non) to savor and enjoy. (This event is for mature audiences, 18+ please!)
Bring your romantic and sex-themed zines to sell and trade at the communal zine table and stay for the fun.
3. We are proud to announce this year's poster artist for the 2014 Portland Zine Symposium - Katy Ellis O'Brien
! Expect to see the unveiling of Katy's art on our website in the next month.
4. If you are coming to Portland for PZS this year make sure you add the Fridaybefore tabling into your plans! Have you ever missed a workshop you wanted to attend at the Portland Zine Symposium because you were stuck at your table? We've heard you loud and clear! This year we're adding an extra day of mini-workshops and skillshares taking place at the Independent Publishing Resource Center on Friday July 11. The IPRC has lots of space, equipment, and materials than we have ever been able to offer at symposium locations, and we are really excited to share this with you! Come learn about the IPRC certificate program, the basics of screenprinting, letterpress, book binding, and much more.
5. And back by popular demand - this year we'll be hosting the 2nd annual Zine Prom as our Saturday night event. This was the talk of the town last year. Trust us, you don't want to miss it.
6. Other upcoming zine-related events:
Do you have an upcoming event you'd like us to share? Email us and we'll put it in our next newsletter!