Paper Corsage Making Party This Wednesday!

Portland Zine Symposium

Jun 23, 2014, 12:16:12 PM6/23/14
to portlandzi...@googlegroups.com
The Portland Zine Symposium is a mere THREE WEEKS away! The 2014 organizers are in full swing getting everything ready for the event. Read on for more details and information about how you can help.

1. Paper Corsage Making Party

This Wednesday, June 25 we'll be gathering at the SCRAP Annex (2808 NE MLK Jr Blvd Unit J.) at 7pm to make paper corsages to hand out at the 2nd annual Zine Prom. Everyone is welcome to come, meet the 2014 Portland Zine Symposium organizers and volunteers, and get crafty. We'll have all the supplies and instructions, you just have to bring yourself (and any friends who want to join!)

2. 24-Hour Zine Challenge

Want to finish one more zine before this year's symposium? The 24-hour zine challenge is a great way to crank out something else to have on your table!

This year's challenge will take place from noon July 5-noon July 6 at the IPRC (1001 SE Division). Participants have 24 hours to create a 24-page zine from conception to completion. We'll be providing refreshments, coffee, supplies, and encouragement!

Can't be there in person? You can still participate! Sign up to sponsor one of this year's challengers with a pledge, marathon-style. $10 or more gets you a copy of the completed zine!

3. Tabling

We have the 2014 Portland Zine Symposium tabling list up now! Check it out to see who's going to be attending this year's event!

If you are signed up for a table and are NOT going to be able to make it, please let us know as soon as possible so we can pull someone else off the waitlist!

4. PZS Event Line Up

As usual, the week of Portland Zine Symposium we are going to have a variety of events! Mark your calendars:

Thursday, July 10th: Music Show Feat. Zinesters Who Play Music @ The Know (2026 NE Alberta), $5, Quackhammer, Ermine, LatenightsleepTV

Friday, July 11th: Art Show & Reading @ Floating World Comics, FREE

Saturday & Sunday, July 12th & 13th, 2014: Portland Zine Symposium 2014 @ Ambridge Events Center (11am-5pm), FREE

Saturday, July 12th: Zine Prom @ IPRC (7pm), $5 suggested donation for a raffle ticket & corsage