Informtion about the possibility of there not being a 2016 Portland Zine Symposium

Portland Zine Symposium

Jan 3, 2016, 5:18:50 PM1/3/16
to Portland Zine Symposium

An open letter to the Portland zine community:

We will be blunt: as things stand, there will not be a Zine Symposium in 2016.  Either due to increasing work obligations, moving out of the Portland area, or simply burnout, virtually none of the main organizers who have been essential to the organizing of the Portland Zine Symposium for the last several years find themselves able to give the symposium the time or focus it would need in order to happen in 2016.

The Zine Symposium needs your help.  We have an amount of money leftover from organizing the 2015 event.  We have agreements with Ambridge on how much they will charge to use the space but we have set dates and it might be difficult to get dates at this point.  We have the web domain, and email lists.  But we don’t have organizers.  If you feel that the Zine Symposium is important and would like to see it continue, please write to pzsorg...@googlegroups.com to be added to our community or come to our open meeting this Saturday, January 9, 2016 a2PM at the Independent Publishing Resource Center. There is a facebook event here. At the meeting all interested parties can meet and discuss what the next steps will be.

With love,

The Organizers of the 2015 Portland Zine Symposium