Zine Season is Here!

1 view

Portland Zine Symposium

Jul 8, 2015, 8:27:27 PM7/8/15
to portlandzi...@googlegroups.com
Zine season is upon us!

1. 24-hour zine challenge
2. Tabling
3. Volunteer Needs
4. PZS Weekend Events

The annual 24-hour zine challenge is happening THIS Saturday and Sunday (July 11-12) from 10am-10am at the IPRC (1001 SE Division). There's still space if you'd like to join! Email pdxz...@gmail.com to reserve a spot. Can't make it? You can still support the challengers with a pledge. $10 or more gets you a copy of their completed zine, and all proceeds benefit Portland Zine Symposium

2. Tabling
If you are a confirmed tabler, look out for an email with more details coming soon. If you are still on the wait list, you have been added to the wait list email group. Stay tuned for more info coming soon.

3. Volunteer Needs
We are still looking for people to help out with the symposium! This event takes many hands, and we really need your support. We're looking for someone with an OLCC license who can help bartend at our Saturday night event (from 7pm to 11pm), folks to help out with staffing the info table, and people to help set up and break down workshops throughout the weekend. Please get in touch ASAP if you are down to help - pdxz...@gmail.com

4. Portland Zine Symposium

It's happening! Tell all your friends! Share our event on Facebook

July 18 and 19, 2015 from 11am-5pm
Ambridge Event Center
1333 NE MLK Blvd.
Free to attend!

5. PZS Weekend Events
We have a great line-up of events this year! Please join us.

Cindy Crabb of Doris Zine Kicks Off Portland Zine Symposium

Friday July 18, 7-9 pm

IPRC (1001 SE Division)

Free

Cindy Crabb, the author of long-running Doris zine, and editor of Support, Learning Good Consent, Filling the Void, and Masculinities, will be kicking off the Symposium weekend with a reading and Q+A at the Independent Publishing Resource Center. After the reading, attendees will have the option of learning to use the letterpress to create their own Doris postcard print. This event is made possible by a grant from the Oregon Community Foundation.

Portland Zine Symposium After-Party

Saturday July 19, 7-11 pm

IPRC (1001 SE Division)

$5 suggested donation

Come celebrate Portland Zine Symposium's 15th year with friends new and old after the first day of the fest with music, readers, and a pizza party! Readers include Chicago zinesters Blair Bogin, Vicky Lim, Jim Joyce, and Dave Roche. Pizza from Sizzle Pie and local beverages from New Deal, Ninkasi, and Hot Lips will be available. Music provided by local band Golden Hour and DJs from Freeform Radio.

Cool Down Cocktail Hour at Turn! Turn! Turn!

8 NE Killingsworth Ave.

5-7pm

Free

Chill out after a long weekend of zine trading with some cold beverages, an in-house zine collection, and record shopping at this eclectic new spot. Stick around for a free show starting at 8pm!