Tabling, AmaZine Night, Zine Readings, and More!

Portland Zine Symposium

Dec 19, 2013, 4:10:33 PM12/19/13
to portlandzi...@googlegroups.com
As we wrap up 2013, we want to thank everyone for making this year a great one for the Portland Zine Symposium! We are very grateful for everyone who has attended and tabled at our event, come to our AmaZine events, and supported us in a million different ways. THANK YOU!

That being said, we have lots of big plans in the works to make 2014 even better. Read on to find out more…

1. Table registration
2. AmaZine Event
3. Art
4. New website
5. PZS gift guide
6. Upcoming events

1. Table registration

We are on track to open table registration earlier than ever this year! The plan is to have it go live on January 15, 2014. We sell out every year, so mark your calendars. This year the event will take place on July 12-13, 2014 at the Ambridge Event Center.

2. AmaZine Night

Join us on February 8th, from 6-10pm at the Independent Publishing Resource Center (1001 SE Division) for an adult-themed AmaZine Night, just in time for Valentine's Day. We are currently looking for readers to dazzle, humor, and inspire us with their sexy stories. Do you have something to share? If so, email us at pdxz...@gmail.com to get put on the line-up.

The event will also include an incredible raffle with sensual prizes that will make your Valentine's Day even more exciting, as well as fun finger foods and adult beverages (both alcoholic and non) to savor and enjoy. PLUS we'll have special guest pop stars IBQT (boy-band from the future-past) will perform their latest and greatest hits! You don't want to miss this. (This event is 18+; leave the kids at home for this one!)

3. Art

You have ONE DAY LEFT to submit sketches and proposals for the 2014 Portland Zine Symposium art call. This year's theme: entry points. Think: outer space, 1950's pulp science fiction films and novels, giant robots, nebula, astronomy atlases, David Bowie, etc.

This year we are not requiring artists to submit finished pieces, so whip something up and show us what you got!

4. New website

We have been working on launching a new, easy-to-use website. You can already see that we've made some big changes, and the new, improved version will launch in time for our tabling registration, so stay tuned.

5. PZS gift guide

Stumped about what to get your loved one or distant relative for the holidays? Check out the Portland Zine Symposium gift guide for some creative ideas! While some of the suggestions are Portland-specific, many have online stores for you out-of-towners.

6. Upcoming events

Come celebrate the release of the newest issue of Alexis' long-running zine Ilse Content as well as the essay collection Everyday Mythologies, which includes writing from Alexis, Casey, and Joshua James.
Friday, Dec. 20, 7pm at the Independent Publishing Resource Center

Enjoy zine and book readings by Taryn Hipp, Sage Adderley, (PZS's own) Alex Wrekk, and Joshua James Amberson. This is the kick off show for the tour, so help Taryn and Sage start it out right!
Wednesday, Jan. 8, 7pm at Portland Button Works

Do you have an upcoming zine-related event you'd like us to include in our newsletter? Email pdxz...@gmail.com with the info!