PortlandWiki meetups for the week of 18 Dec 2011

1 view

kotra

Dec 15, 2011, 3:50:11 AM12/15/11
to PortlandWiki | A City Wiki For Portland, Oregon
Next week, we finally break the pattern of The Mezz for the recurrent
two weekly meetups. Instead, it's been proposed that we try out the
Lucky Labrador Brew Pub at 915 SE Hawthorne Blvd and the Unitarian
Church's Eliot Center downtown, which has many conference rooms
available.

Here are the proposed meetups for next week:

MONDAY

Monday Meet, 7pm
Lucky Labrador Brew Pub at 915 SE Hawthorne Blvd
- tends to focus on collaborative, in-person PortlandWiki building
- potential tasks: ?
http://portlandwiki.org/PortlandWiki:Monday_Meets

WEDNESDAY

WikiWednesday, 7pm
Eliot Center at the First Unitarian Church, entrance at 1226 SW Salmon
Street (ROOM NUMBER TBA)
- tends to be more discussion-oriented of the meetups, intended to be
friendly and casual
- potential topics: ?
http://portlandwiki.org/WikiWednesday

As always, there may be more PortlandWiki events or meetups than
listed here... if you know of any or want to start your own, please

kotra

David Myers

Dec 16, 2011, 3:11:00 PM12/16/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just wanted to clarify that we may want to make our meetup days / locations the inverse of what was sent out in this announcement.

In other words:

Monday Meet, 7pm
Eliot Center at the First Unitarian Church, entrance at 1226 SW Salmon Street (ROOM NUMBER TBA)

WikiWednesday, 7pm
Lucky Labrador Brew Pub at 915 SE Hawthorne Blvd

Reason? Because on Wednesdays at least one PortlandWiki admin will be meeting with labor folks at Lucky Lab between 5:30 pm & 7:00 pm and will not be able to get over to First Unitarian on time.

Sorry for the confusion.

-dave myers

Kotra D

Dec 16, 2011, 7:41:35 PM12/16/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
Totally fine with me, I must have misunderstood. Is there any progress with reserving a room at the Eliot Center? I can call if you want.

Sylvia Orduno

Dec 19, 2011, 7:35:04 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
Hey all. I'm just confirming if we're meeting to night downtown at 1st U. Dave did you get a room/space for us? If not, I suggest we move the meeting to SE Lucky Lab or cancel tonight and meet up on Wed.

Thanks,
Sylvia

Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium

Dec 19, 2011, 7:50:47 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sylvia and Everyone!
Just realized still haven't heard back from First Unitarian. Should we still meet there at 7:00 and if there's no room available, we can run up to PSU?
-dave
--
- Dave Myers
(503) 852-1437 / google voice

Kotra D

Dec 19, 2011, 7:54:29 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
I think I would rather go with a place that we know is available, since I don't know of a backup location at PSU either. I think either Lucky Lab, The Mezz, or cancel?

kotra

Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium

Dec 19, 2011, 8:11:29 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
I'm probably still going to chance it with First Unitarian.
-dave

Kotra D

Dec 19, 2011, 8:43:45 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
I apologize then, I'll have to take a rain check on today's meetup... I will work from home though.

kotra

Sylvia Orduno

Dec 19, 2011, 9:10:37 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave. I hate to put this on you but what is your sense on having space at 1st U? I'd rather not run around trying to find a place to meet tonight. Anyone else have thoughts on what to do?

Thanks,
Sylvia

Sylvia Orduno

Dec 19, 2011, 10:13:47 PM12/19/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com, portla...@googlegroups.com
We're at 1st U and there are no mtgs here tonight per church man in hall. We'll go to Mezz & work for an hr there

Sylvia

Dave Myers - Open Forest Consortium

Dec 20, 2011, 11:35:28 AM12/20/11
to portla...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sylvia!
You showed up at First Unitarian? I don't know how I missed you. I was sitting in the main lobby waiting for folks to show up and finally decided to leave at about 7:45 or so and work from here (my desk).
-dave