PortlandWiki Photo Contest--this Saturday, 6/4!

1 view

Sylvia Orduno

Jun 2, 2011, 8:06:50 PM6/2/11
to PortlandWiki | A City Wiki For Portland, Oregon
Hey PortlandWiki folks!

Join PortlandWiki.org as we build a photo gallery of Portland city
images in our first annual photo contest! The Portland Wiki Photo
Contest is a one day event for contributors and visitors of
PortlandWiki.org to take snapshots and photographs that can be used as
support imagery for a page or topic on the wiki. The goal is to
inspire civic activism and artistic expression by challenging
participants to capture personal and/or original photography for use
at PortlandWiki.

We'll kick start this event Saturday, June 4th with a 10am-10:30am
meet up at The Mezz coffee shop, NW Burnside/12th (inside Whole
Foods). We'll pass out PortlandWiki.org press badges and share details
about photo uploading and prizes.

All photos should be taken between 9am-5pm. Photos qualifying for
contest prizes must be uploaded by 12:01am Monday, June 6th. This
community contest is open to all Portland area folks. Anyone under 18
should have permission to participate from a parent or guardian.

At the end of the day, we'll get together for a drink and photo
sharing stories, location TBA.

Prizes: Downloadable winner badges for bragging rights on your blog,
Facebook page or Twitter profile! Plus a PortlandWiki.org front page
banner and a standing ovation video of your "best of show" work! Yeah,
baby!

Award announcements will take place at WikiWednesday on June 8th at
6:30pm at The Mezz coffee shop, NW Burnside/12th.

For more information, check out the PortlandWiki Photo Contest page at
http://portlandwiki.org/Photo_Contest