Some potential topics for June meeting

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Jun 6, 2009, 5:41:03 PM6/6/09
to portland-da...@googlegroups.com
I've been digging into the Gnip.com API the past few days. This looks
like a promising front-end for data plumbers -- it can collect data
from Twitter, Digg, etc. and filter the data streams. The system keeps
data on line for an hour if you want to poll, and will also push data
if you give it an HTTP POST endpoint. There are lots of other ways you
can use it, but the simple things look interesting on their own.

The web site is http://www.gnip.com. There's a Windows-based tutorial
at http://www.gnip.com/docs/tutorial_win.pdf and a Mac/Unix tutorial
at http://www.gnip.com/docs/tutorial_mac.pdf. I've done the Windows
one, but I will probably switch over to Linux when I actually start
polling. Anyhow, I'd be willing to talk about it for 10 minutes or so
at a June meeting.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky
http://www.linkedin.com/in/edborasky